There is no doubt that the results of last night’s election have shaken millions of Americans, especially LGBTQ Americans, across the country.
To every LGBTQ person across this nation feeling stunned and disheartened, and questioning if they have a place in our country today, we say this: You do. Don’t ever let anybody tell you otherwise. Be bold, be strong, and continue to stand up for the principles that have always made America great. We are with you.
If you or someone you know is struggling to comprehend last night’s results and is in need of assistance, here are several LGBTQ-friendly resources listed:
- The Trevor Project: The nation’s only 24/7 crisis intervention and suicide prevention lifeline for LGBTQ people ages 13 to 24. Call 866-4-U-TREVOR (866-488-7386) or use Trevor Chat, the Trevor Project’s online messaging service.
- Youth Talkline at 1-800-246-PRIDE (800-246-7743)
- Trans Lifeline at 877-565-8860
- The GLBT National Help Center at 1-888-THE-GLNH (888-843-4564)
- The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 800-273-TALK (8255)
- It Gets Better