Today, HRC launched HRC Rising — its biggest grassroots expansion ahead of the midterm elections in the organization’s 37-year history. LGBTQ people and all marginalized communities face persistent attacks by the Trump-Pence administration who are hell-bent on dismantling equality. But in the face of this challenge, our community and allies are standing up to unite, enlist, and resist like never before. From coast-to-coast, this grassroots expansion will power our fight for LGBTQ equality to victory in 2018, 2020 and beyond.
Here are five ways you can help us in this historic grassroots movement:
- Text “RISING” to 30644. By joining, you’ll be up to date on the latest LGBTQ news, actions and resources available.
- Visit hrc.im/Rising and join our community of more than three million highly-engaged members, supporters, volunteers and activists in pledging your support for equality.
- Call, write and visit your elected representatives when asked. Find more than a dozen ways to make a difference at hrc.org/help.
- Get your friends, family and colleagues to take action in supporting LGBTQ legislation and voting for pro-equality candidates. You can also contact your member of congress by texting MY CONGRESS to 30644. Check out our congressional scorecard on elected officials LGBTQ voting records.
- Don’t just vote during presidential elections. Pledge to vote in every election, including the upcoming 2018 cycle!
We are resisting the politics of hate by fighting anti-LGBTQ legislation and legislators across the nation. We’re going on offense with the largest grassroots expansion ever because we simply can’t afford to wait. Never underestimate the power of your voice and actions to affect change.
Join us now to unite, resist and enlist!